Table Topics Master
Your role is to ask questions of or elicit points of view from the members. The purpose is for members to practice answering speaking with little or no preparation. The topic is usually based on the day's theme, and will have been announced in advanced. If you have a particular theme or idea in mind for Table Topics, you can arrange that the VP of Education and/or that week's Toastmaster - but please give them plenty of notice.
A few key things to remember:
- Check with the TM ahead of time to find out how much time has been allocated for Table Topics, so you can be sure to have enough.
- Come prepared with at least 5 or 6 questions. It is better to have too many than too few.
- Some people will take very little time to answer. Others may take quite a bit of time and run out the clock. Leave it to the TM to manage the time since they know how much they have allocated for TT.
- As each member is answering your question, look to the TM to make sure there is time for another one.
- If you run out of questions and can't think of any, then reuse one of the earlier ones.
- Always call on members who have NO duties first. Then those with light duties (anything other than speakers, evaluators, or the TM.)