- When called on to explain the Timer role at the beginning of a meeting, you should include the following:
- Table Topics are 2 minutes.
- Evaluations are 3 minutes.
- Speeches are normally 7 minutes, but may be longer.
- When there is 2 minutes left, the green card is shown
- When there is 1 minute left, the yellow card is shown
- When their time is up, the red card is shown
- There is a 30 second 'grace' period after the red light comes on. After that, you can hit the bell.
- NOTE: Not bell for ice breaker speeches only
- There is no fine if you speak too long or not long enough.
- At the end of the meeting, you will give your report
- At the end of the meeting, you will need to give a report of the allocated and used time for each speaker, TT, and Evaluator (including the GE).
- Start the timer as soon as the speaker begins their presentation.
- Ask the Sergeant At Arms for the colored "timing cards" if you don't see them.